The buzz word this spring has been “color blocking”. Color blocking is not new, but the term has spread through the fashion and blogger community like wild fire. The “trend” is easy to master and doesn’t require too much thought or effort.
When color blocking
1. Choose solid colors. No hard prints are necessary with color blocking. The colors don’t have to match. In fact, the colors should will make a bold statment because they will be blocks of–COLOR–> color blocking.
2. You can fake it. Color blocked dresses are the easiest route to take. Kick it up a notch by adding a pair of contrasting shoes. If you opt for a dress with a khaki colored bottom and a cream colored top half, opt for a pair of bright pair of shoes.
3. Let the colors do the talking. Since your colors will most likely be bold you can select pieces that are structured or tailored to your body. A fitted black blazer can be combined with a knit dress. A solid yellow
cardigan can be paired with a purple pencil skirt.
Where to buy:
2. eShakti Color Block Dress $53
4. Old Navy Ruffle Shirt $10-14
6. Asos Color Block Satchel $139
7. Top Shop Coral Belt $24