The mercury rose to the mid 90s here in central California last week and it made me
- Summer is coming! It’s going to be hot (of course)!
- Attempting to maintain your standards of modesty in the summer can be uncomfortable.
- Attempting to maintain your standards of modesty in the summer can be annoying.
- It can be difficult to get away with multiple layers of clothing (farewell to our friends Fall and Winter).
- We can beat the heat by opting to wear certain fabrics (cotton and jersey knit are THE best options).
- We can opt to wear a one piece ensemble (a dress).
- We can take part in the knit maxi skirt and dress trend (Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, Old Navy, Gap, JCrew, Banana Repulic, Alloy, Kohl’s, Costco, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Forever 21, Nordstrom Rack, Kosher Casual <–maxi dresses and skirts in modest lengths have been spotted at every single one of these places by yours truly).
- We can choose to wear 3/4 length shirts and blouses; tissue thin tees are great for layering (if it must be done).
- We can choose skirts with fold over waistbands (comfortable, okay? Yea!)
- ModCloth Blouse
- Jersey Tulip Skirt
- JCrew Boatneck Tee
Luckily spring just started and we can revel in the spring breezes until we really have to start rolling up our sleeves and fanning our faces.
What summer tips and tricks do you want to see here on MoMoMod? I know Stefanie can muster up some nifty and easy hair tutorials, D’Rae can show us a few Pinterest inspired outfits, and Tiffany can feature some DIY clothing choices in an effort to save us some money.
Like MoMoMod on Facebook
Send pictures of yourself in your comfy spring/summer attire